13 Questions To Ask Before You Retire
There are a number of important questions a retirement planning advisor may ask to determine a retirement plan and establish the needed investments for retirement income. A retirement planner can assist you with either the decision to retire or to assist you in planning your life after retirement. 13 important questions a retirement advisor should address are:
- Do you want to assist your children or grandchildren with the cost associated with education and/or weddings?
- Do you want to purchase and own a vacation property?
- Are you going to sell your home? Will you be downsizing to help finance your retirement?
- Will you start a new hobby or further pursue an existing hobby?
- Will you be a volunteer or work with an organization?
- Will you work part-time or full-time?
- Will you further your education or go back to school?
- Will you be a single or double vehicle family?
- Are you planning on traveling? And how much do you plan on doing?
- Will you start or pursue a second career?
- Have you began or completed a brochure sheet?
- Have you done a net worth statement and financial planning?
- Have you done a projected monthly budget during retirement?
Retirement needs answers, the more planned and prepared you are the more you enjoy, and the less stress you will have during your retirement.